Saturday, August 22, 2015

Project: Classroom

I have been dreaming about my future classroom for 3+ years. I've collected from garage sales, teacher friends, Good Will, the Dollar Tree, and Target's dollar section. On July 13th, I was finally able to move all the things I have accumulated over the years into my room (let me tell you my mom was happy to see it all leave her house).

Here is the before picture! My classroom is awesome. High ceilings, built-in storage, and TONS of wall space.



And then the working began! Unpacking, sorting, cutting, taping, organizing. One thing they didn't tell us in college, how long it takes to set up a classroom. I mean seriously!! Project after project. It was so much fun though. I enjoyed every second I spent there this summer. Seeing as I spent so much of my summer there, I'd though I'd share all my hard work. Enjoy the tour!

The hallway - bright and inviting! Next week I will add my students' names to each balloon.


Butler is a PBIS school and uses positive rules to teach correct behavior school-wide. Our room will be buzzing with good behavior all year long!!


My friend Emily's legacy, JOY, will be spread with my 1st graders by filling buckets! Students can fill each other's buckets (located in their lockers) with nice notes, and we will also work to have good behavior as a class to fill our class bucket. If it gets filled, we will have a bucket party!


Each of my students will have a tablet - can't wait to incorporate them into our learning.


The library - the most time consuming project, but it's perfect and ready for my students to browse!






My mantras for the year!


I tried to have everything picked up, but let's be honest, my desk will never be cleared off.








Students can put their own facts on the "Did you know?" board - motivation to read nonfiction!


Our writing center!






And there it is! I can't wait for my 1st grade kiddos to fill it up on the 31st. Lots of planning and organizing left to do, but at least the room is finished!

I haven't been blogging much, but I am going to try as much as I can this year to document the good times and the not so good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment